Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

9, 10, 11 of Febuary

I know I know I am super duper late with this but I am trying to start up a business and it is taking so much of my time. But I have three movies to show you ladies this post. The special thing about this post is that it features another fave actress of mine.---Sanaa Lathan, who I just found out that her dad is Stan Lathan. I mean hello Stan Lathan who directed so many shows. Anyway. Below are the movies.

Love & Basketball

This movie was the perfect storyline for people falling in love with their high school sweethearts and living happily ever after. Okay this is very unrealistic in my eyes, but to those who still believe more power to ya! Love & Basketball stars Sanaa Lathan and Omar Epps who grow up right next door to one another and end up dating and going to college together. They eventually grow apart but are brought back together through the love of basketball.


Brown Sugar



I remember when I was exhausted from all these same ol movies that were coming out in 2002. And I wasn't going to go see it until I saw Erykah Badu's video 'Love of my Life'. I then said I have to see this movie just to hear this song. Well after watching this movie more than 50x I guess you can say I loved it. Sanaa Lathan and Taye Diggs grew up together through an interest in hip hop music and culture. Taye's character is a music producer while Sanaa plays a writer for, of course the biggest hip hop mag at that time, The Source. This movie was just an all around lovely movie. And showed that Mos Def was actually hilarious. Without giving away the ending, they end up realizing hip hop will always be with them, whether apart or together.

Disappearing Acts



This movie should have been in the theaters somewhere because it was just that good. I mean you have this women on her own who falls for the maintenance man who works on and off to support his kids that she doesn't even know about. This is def a Terry McMillian book turned movie creation. Filled with drama, love, sex, baby's mamas. All that good stuff.
Hopefully you all enjoyed this post and don't bite my head off for being a little late with the next few posts.

Pynkstarr
Forever blessed


No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge