Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Oil cleansing process/regimen



Recently I have been watching more youtube videos featuring natural hair gurus. I had to stop for a while because the hair styles, products, and endorsements became to overwhelming for a viewer like me. I love watching videos online about hair products and such, but I do not feel the need for me to be bombarded with a phony interpretation of a hair product. I believe people need to get their paper so they can pay the bills, but that doesn't mean I have to watch their vids. It becomes redundant after a while to watch a person's video that basically appears to be a commercial. I say all that to say I have returned to watching hair vids again. I have found a slew of new people that just love. Like Urban bush babes, heyfranhey, mynaturalsistas. Plus the ones I have been subbed to for years like naptural85, charyjay, simplyyounique, and whoissugar. I love these people as well as many others, too many to name at the moment. So I was watching Heyfranhey for hair regimen tips and saw my recommendation box show a video of her discussing the oil cleansing method. Now I know what you are thinking, and I said the same things "o hell no". I did not want to put oil on my skin because the last time I used oil as a moisturizer (sweet almond oil) I broke out. But she discusses how you can use it as a facial cleanser and moisturizer. Oils are awesome for me because my skin is always dry. Even after I put lotion on them they still remain dry. I just assumed I wasn't putting enough lotion on. Now of course I know that oils are good for my skin. So for 2 weeks I have been using the oil cleansing method as my new facial regimen and here is my version of it.

My oil of choice is Sweet Almond oil for the first two weeks {After a month I am going to switch to Grapeseed oil for the antioxidants that are in there. I'll compare them both in another blog post}

1) I put a dime size amount of oil on my hands, rub my palms together for a few seconds then began to rub the oil on to my face for about 2 mins. I pay close attention to my most problematic area my chin and forehead.

2) After the 2-3 mins of rubbing are over, I either splash my face with warm water (hot water made my face feel tight) or I let the oil stay on my face while I place a warm cloth on it or I place my face over a bowl of steeping hot water for a few mins while the oil is still on my face. I have not noticed that much of a difference from neither of the three choices except that if the water is too hot when place your face over the bowl, the steam may leave your face feeling really tight.

3) Next I rinse of the oil as much as possible with luke warm water although it's more cold than warm. After I feel most of the oil is gone I pat it dry with a cloth that been soaked in cold water or I splash my face a few times with cold water then pat my face with a dry cloth.

And that's it. So far it has been about two weeks and I have only noticed a few blemishes here and there. They only last a day or two then they disappear without the use of benzoyl peroxide. My face is also a lot softer, less dry, and for some reason it is lighter than before. Overall I am pretty happy with the results except I want to be blemish free by next month. If not then I'll move on to a new oil. 

Thanks for reading
Pynkstarr<3 p="">

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge