Pages

Saturday, December 27, 2014

My college life: Part 1 "The Decision"!

Hi y'all I just wanted to share some tips I use in order to stay organized while being a student.


I chose to go back to school because it is something I have just been wanting to do since I graduated in 2010. For whatever reason I put it off for that long because it seemed like the right thing to. I'm glad I did though because I was able to figure out my life and what I wanted to do. Although I technically don't know what my true life's purpose is just quite yet, I think it's wiser to spend the time thinking about it while in school, versus being unemployed doing nothing with my life.

I am very proud of myself now that school is over because it was so tough at first. I did a short 8month program to obtain my certification in MOUS as mentioned in previous blogs. Yes it was an experience. LOL. Outside of the most of my classmates and the unpleasant location I had to deal with, I managed to pass with a 4.0 GPA. I learned a lot about myself and how your environment can effect your life. I also got a refresher course on how to use MS office programs. It was definitely a learning experience. But after I graduated I knew I needed a change in my life. As you all may or may not know, a college education doesn't always provide you with job security. So after graduation, I was left again without any answers or help as to where I go with my life. Don't get me wrong this school offered me tons of opportunities for job interviews, but these places were either too faraway or just didn't peak my interest.

Not to discredit anyone involved but I don't feel with all of my hard work I was given recommendations I felt I deserved for whatever reason. Okay here is the thing, I believe God has a plan for me that doesn't involve doing a job I knew I'd hate just for the money. Everyone I know only cares about making money. Yes money is important but I have learned that you have more to life than just to do a job to earn some cash. Half the time people are only busting their butts to pay for things they don't need nor can afford. Which is why so many people have 3-4 jobs. Nothing wrong living the life style that you want. But I feel like do something you love first, money comes second, then buy what you can afford. I feel like people buy first, stress and worry about money so much they get 2-3 jobs and be miserable in them. God knows I need to be financially stable so I have left things up to him. 

Which is why I have decided to go back to school again to receive my BA in Fashion Marketing and Management. I love the fashion industry one minute and despise it the next. But in the end it is where my heart truly is. I am going to be successful in the fashion industry one way or another, either way I will be happy doing so. Nothing comes easy in life because we are supposed to go through things in order to grow through them. I have learned that I am more focused this time around because I believe in myself more now then I did when I was younger. I have also organized my school life because I know now that being organized is the way to go.
I am pretty much over "over planning" my life and instead I have done a few things these last few months to help me stay organized. Writing is the most important because it how I communicate with God as well as it helps me to visualize what I want in life. Prayer is another important one because without it I am so lost. And finally is Meditation which I have not mastered consistently yet because I have definitely noticed a difference when I do it. Of course these are all internal ways I organize my life but I also have done a few other things that I want to share in this series such as tips for being an online student. Or how to organize your time and life. I have so many things to share and I can't wait to get to them!!

XO, Pynkstarr
P.S. Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge