Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

My perfect Bantu Knot!!



Bantu Knots

          Hello my wonderful readers!! It has been a long time since my last post. I honestly have been extremely busy with my classes that the only thing I had time for was homework. It was almost like school took over my life completely. I didn't wanna really do many other things other than school work because when I commit to something, I have to succeed in it.
       Now that school is officially over, I can spend that time blogging. I love blogging because I always have a lot to say. And yet I never have many to say it too. LOL. 

I have decided to write about the way I do my Bantu Knots because people keep saying they can't get the hang of it. And to me Bantu Knots are THE easiest style I learned when I first big chopped. Now I will say that not every time my hair has turned out perfecting every time, but I have learned the two things that are needed for the perfect Bantu Knot out. They are Ingredients and Technique. 

These are the most important rules to remember when doing a great Bantu Knot because (a) it helps decide how long your hair will last knotted and knotted out (b) they help how your hair will fall once you unravel the knots. If you use the wrong technique your hair could turn into a hot mess and if you use the wrong product it can also be a hot mess. Now me I do not, will not, have not put my hands in another person's hair. ewww. Except for my parents because I love them and I came from them so that's different. So by explaining it in video form and blog, I can now, point people to my videos or vlogs to explain hair stuff. Instead the "eww grosss" reaction I give to anyone who asks me to do their hair. 

So let's get started with ingredients.

When it comes to the LOC method I use different products every few months, but the last two times I have used just these three ingredients and my Knots lasted a long time and they were soft for days. 
I used my Shea Butter Mixture, which is the one I have posted here with 1 added oil that I can't say yet because I just started using it. I'll write a new recipe as soon as I really began to like it. 



Then I used Curls Goddess Curls because it makes my hair soft and it holds my knots for days. Add a great Leave-in, I use Alikay Naturals, and a great mositurizer, I used Shea Moisture Curl Milk.... and you are good to go!!





















I love bantu knot outs because they are so versatile. You can wear them in an updo after they no longer looks great out. 


Hope you enjoyed the read, let me know if you have any questions.

XO, Pynkstarr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge