Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I'm late, but yesterday was my naptural-versay

Omygosh guy's. I've been natural for 4 years now. Well almost 4 years, let me explain. I had my last relaxer January 2010, which means that's my "technical" nappyversary. But because I didn't know I was actually going natural until the middle of 2010 I kinda don't count before my big chop. Numbers aren't as important as they used to be so 3 or 4 years, its not a big deal.
My hair journey is 25 years long. I've always had hair issues in some way. Whether I was relaxing or natural I had to deal with something. My hair was too short, too kinky, too nappy, falling out here, too dry....the list goes on. But it wasn't until I went natural that I was able to learn how to treat my hair so that it could be healthy and grow the way God intended; all while being okay with it being a little more kinkier than most. My advice to new naturals is to enjoy the journey and not take everything you read too seriously. I say that because what someone does to his or her hair may not work for your hair. Nothing wrong with tweaking directions here and there tho. Just do what's best for you, as long as you put health first.

Hope y'all enjoyed this post.

Remember to keep it fun!!!!!
Pynkstarr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge