Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Fashion Style Notebook Part 1

Hey all. As some of you already know I love me some fashion. I just always have ever since I was a little girl. Playing dress up and Barbie's were my life back then. When I was about 11 or 12 I became a magazine addict. I mean a really bad one too. First there were the Cosmos my mom used to find at the airport she worked at. Then I went to more age appropriate mags like Teen People, YM, Twist, Seventeen, Cosmogirl; you get the drift. Around this time I also started scraping notebooks for my fav band at the time; BSB. As well as scraping just for fun. Cutting up my magus. And from there on I continued to cut and paste.


By the time I was 18 I had accumulated over 1000 mags, only because I never through mine away. I think even when I am older I probably will just buy separate storage. At 19 the most worst day of my life happened, our basement flooded and mostly all of my mags were destroyed. I couldn't believe it. All that money and time spent protecting them and they just got washed away. It hit me hard, because the mags were important to me. Luckily I can some day just repurchase them thanks to Ebay. Anyhoo, this post isn't about mags or my love for them but it is about my love for scraping. And taking that love into creating this binder of fashion. I have yet to find a name for it though. Making this binder has helped me a lot. It has been almost therapeutic I guess you can say. Even when I was in my teens I would gather all of my mags and make a scrapbook. It just relaxes me for those times I need to get away from my problems. Like writing. I love writing my blog and making YT vids because it helps me relax. 

It has taken me a long time to realize who I am, or a part of who I am; which is a scraper/fashion enthusiast. It brings me joy to put outfits together or come up with trends, just being around garments and fabrics before they hit the stores makes me happy. I used to go to the mall just to walk around and look at clothes and study fabrics. Or go to NYC to see what people were wearing during the seasons. Since I don't have the funds to just up an travel over the bridge to NYC like I used to I found a better way to feed my fashion addiction. So I have gone back to my old love for scraping. I have decided to make a binder of fashion. With clippings of my fashion ideas, sketches, fabric swatches, vision boards, etc. It's a work in progress at the moment but I do want to share with you ,my tools to get started. Check out part II for pics.


With Love,
Pynkstarr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge