Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

DIY My Shea Butter Mixture in details part 2!!

This blog post was typed months ago......soooo it's like a Part Deux for the previous post on my shea butter mixture!!!!

My Shea Butter Mixture is no different from any other DIYourselfer. As a Natural I try my best to make my own products based off of any recipe I've seen online or TV, I then take it and make it my own. And like most Naturals I love experimenting with different oils and butters to achieve the hair and skin that will satisfy my personal needs. I have learned that in order to do this I have to be careful of what I put in my hair and on my skin. I don't always use all natural, or organic products because of cost and other issues. I do oil treatments on my face from time to time, but I also use Philosophy's Purity, which isn't natural but it works for my facial issues. I say all that to say that although I love making my own "natural" products, I also use regular products from time to time. Just because you're a Natural doesn't mean you should feel bad for not using natural and organic products all the time. This is the same argument of putting weaves and wearing wigs. Just because you do either doesn't make you any less of a natural. As far as my body is concerned I have been using Organic Coconut oil from head to toe. Coconut oil makes my skin feel so soft and has my skin glistening on a daily bases. The oil I use on my face is usually Sweet Almond Oil and I do what most call the oil cleansing method. I also use Witch Hazel as a facial toner from time to time. My go-to hair oil is Olive oil with a few drops of Rosemary oil which promotes hair growth. Jojoba oil, Castor oil, Vitamin E oil, and Shea Butter are also other oils I love to use on my skin and hair. I have decided that since I love all these products to put them all in my Whipped Shea Butter mixture. They all have their own benefits for me personally, but here are other benefits that may help most naturals.

∆∆∆∆∆ Jojoba Oil is a light oil that is used to moisturize the skin as well as the hair. "It has similar components to sebum an oily secretion of sebaceous gland which is used to lubricate the skin and hair. It's a natural antioxidant that prevents the onsets of wrinkles on skin". I mean Jojoba oil keeps your skin glowing, good for your scalp dandruff, combat acne, chapped lips, used to treat eczema and psoriasis and so much more. ∆∆∆∆∆

∆∆∆∆∆ Shea Butter whether it is the dyed version (yellow/golden) or unprocessed (white/ivory) it has amazing benefits for your skin as well as your skin. Such as Psoriasis, sun burn, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory for both skin and scalp. ∆∆∆∆∆

∆∆∆∆∆ Although Castor oil can be thick and leave my hair sticky, I use it once in a while as a sealant. And because it is considered as a carrier oil it works well with other oils. Benefits include treats hair loss, anti-fugal, antiviral, prevent drying of the scalp, mixes well with other oils. When used properly it can give your hair and skin amazing results. ∆∆∆∆∆

∆∆∆∆∆ Coconut oil is probably my fave oil of all time mainly because I use it to cook too. It can be used alone on hair and skin, or mixed with other oils and butters. It conditions my hair very well, and many people use it as a pre-poo because of it's reconstructing abilities. Mainly because I have read that it works better on dried hair than on wet hair. ∆∆∆∆∆

∆∆∆∆∆ Although most of the butters and oils I use contain Vitamin E oil, I still add a little bit more for preservation of my mixture. It's good for dry scalp and dandruff, as well as helping to prevent split ends. ∆∆∆∆∆

All these oils have amazing benefits for hair and skin when used alone, but when used together they work even better on my hair and skin. I have posted my Shea Butter Mixture in another arcticle here 

Thanks so much for reading. 

Pynkstarr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge