Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

My Fashionable Life Experience Part 5: The Intern

        The career advisor told me I had to get a move on the interviews for my internship. I was nervous that I'd choose the wrong place. You all of have seen "Devil wears Prade"  I have seen this movie a lot. Enough times to know I wouldn't have been able to deal with Amanda the way they all did. I just hoped and prayed that I'd have a great experience I went on about 3 interviews and one phone interview.
     

        One that I just felt right. I don't know what it was about her but she was just great. She didn't even really interview me, it was more of an orientation LOL. She just kept saying I really hope you choose us. And she said she had 2 more people left to interview too. The next morning while on another interview she called me saying she wanted to hire me. And instead of even waiting for the others to call me or email me, I just choose her instead. Of course I wrote the others and told them I was sorry yada yada yada.

        Working there was great. I learned a lot my first few days there, esp about organization. My schedule was pretty much crazy. Monday, Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, and some Fridays I'd work at my internship from about 915 to about 4 or 5. It wasn't a paid internship, except for lunch and it was a struggle to catch 2 trains, and walk like 8 blocks to work. But I had done it for school for a few mths. Plus I love NYC so much that it didn't matter to me.

        After about 2 weeks of working there I had a serious melt down. One thing I have learned in the last few mths is I was pushing my self to hard in too many things. I was taking online classes and had one night class from 6-10; Plus the hours at my internship and working on the weekends. It got too crazy for me. I had to give in my two weeks at my job, it felt pretty good too. I was able to only focus on what meant the most to me. My future fashion career.

With Love,
Pynkstarr


No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge