Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Personal Reflection: Being content with my life


5 Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]



       As I go along on this spiritual journey I am learning how to let go of the past me and bring forth the person I am today. I try not to say, "tomorrow I will do this, or be that way" I mean yes I make mistakes still, but I am human also. But I try be the person I want to be right at this moment. Living in the Now is just how I have lived my life for years as a child. I never had to worry about anything, no bills or chores.

      My dad and mom just gave me whatever I wanted. It wasn't until I didn't have wanted that I became not so living in the now and not being content in what I had. The believe this started when I was 16, when I wanted 200 pairs of jeans like Paris Hilton. I'd make these goals on how to be more like her. She wasn't necessarily my idol, but I wanted to be her so bad. I wanted to be like Lindsay and Hilary Duff too. They were my age. I said I should be an actor so I can be rich. Because at the end of the day, to me back then, the money was the only reason to do it, and to get there you had to have money.

       I didn't think about what they did and for how long it took them to get to where they are. Today my issue isn't about money but about things. I am not obsessed with celebs but other regular everyday people. The people that have the things I think I am supposed to have.  I get upset and think why them and not me. And this is not peaceful. This issue will not make me feel peace what so ever. Nor will I be the successful person God intends for me to be.

        Instead I will be chasing after someone else's dream and life not mine. And that is not what I want. Sometimes I am doing it without even realizing that I am being covetous towards people. I love my life, I love me. My family, I love them. And I love that am growing everyday through God. But it isn't as easy as I thought, it takes time, and patience. After reading my daily reflection that I receive through email it opened my eyes. I saw that me not being 100% content with my life was holding me back from the great gifts and blessings God has in store for me. I think that it make take me a while but I can do it, through prayer of course. I just have to be patient.

5 Let your character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; for He [God] Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor give you up nor leave you without support. [I will] not, [I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor let [you] down (relax My hold on you)! [Assuredly not!]




No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge