Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Shingle, Coil, Shingle Part deux: Shingle/coil time!!

It's Shingle/Coil TIME!!!!!!



I learned this technique from MsVCharles on YT as well as a few others but added in some differences here and there. I wanted something to do to my hair but it wasn't listening to me so I said let me try this shingle/coil method. Searched for some techniques but they all sounded so drying to my hair. This one contains massive gel too, but with the mixture of castor oil, it may reduce the flaking.
Step 1, On freshly washed and detangled hair I parted my hair in as many sections as possible. Because my hair is so short, I have to make sure to use duck bill clips or hair clamps to keep it secure and out of the way.
Step 2, I then grab the back sections first, I do this because for me it is just more easy to start back there. I spray my homemade mixture of leave-in conditioner and detangle with my Denman D3 brush. :).
Step 3, Then I took my castor oil and rubbed it in that section of hair only. I have had to learn the hard way that not separating my hair first can be disastrous.
Step 4, After having my hair well moisturized to my taste, I used my Olive Oil Eco Styler gel and generously spread through out the section. I used my D3 again to brush through to get my natural curl pattern

Repeat steps 1-4 until your head is completely in gel.

Last step, I used my hair dryer for a while so my hair can dry faster but you can let it air dry too. I also had to use my rod rollers because my front hair only curls a little bit. I guess heat damage....IDK

Stay tuned for the result and upkeep!

Pynkstarr
Forever blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge