Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Health and Fitness: Setting goals

One thing I learned recently is to find a system that works for me and also set goals that I can actually complete. I set so many goals in my life that I never really get to follow through because they are just too huge to do in such short amounts of time and lack of resources.  I have also learned that I cannot do everything I want to do. And believe me I want to do a lot in 2012. But so far my most important 2012 goals are going through okay. And I have also learned it's okay if I don't complete some of them. Goal one is my spiritual journey, which is a work in progress with the scheduling of things. Goal two is fitness, health, and eating more consciously, being more aware of what goes into my body. I was treating my hair better than I was treating my body by putting everything into it. I stopped eating outside junk like fast food; which is soo hard because I used to love Chinese food. I just can't eat food that I don't cook myself anymore. Except the occasional Popeye's which I really cannot help. Ugh that chicken is just so delicious. Any who to help me with my second goal of the year I have reading books and watching YT videos to help me. 



Also about 6 years ago I purchased Small Changes Big Results by Ellie Krieger. It's a book that I used to help me lose a little bit of weight I had gained and needed to get rid of asap. I recently decided to look through it again, not to lose any weight but to get some recipe ideas and figure out my fitness plan over the next few months. It features tons of ideas for eating the correct way by basically starting from scratch. Like writing down what you eat, exercise regimen , etc. Besides that I also look through my favorite magazine Fitness, which also features exercise ideas. Although I only started on the 11th, I can't help but notice I need to eat 5 times a day in order for me not to feel like I am starving mid-way thorough the day. I also need to figure out where to squeeze in my workouts and what times. Here is my typical day:
Bwtn 6 am and 7am: Wake up
8 am: Eat a snack with my coffee. Depending on how lazy I am I may make breakfast or have a smoothie instead
It literally takes me a min to drink my coffee, at least an hr or so
11am: Lunch or I take a nap
By 3 pm I am starving again so i make a snack until dinner is ready
After dinner around 9 or 10 pm I need something to energize me so I eat fruit 
12 am is when I need sugar like chips or candy, which I have learned is a sign being tired not actually hungry

I am still working out the kinks but so far this is working for me. When I go back to work I hope I can still have a similar regimen but I am sure somethings will change like being able to snack when ever I want to to. I hope you enjoyed this post.  


With Love Pynkstarr



No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge