Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Tips of Color blocking

Hey ya'll. I have been hearing and hearing this all of sudden 'new' term called color blocking. I heard of this first about 5-6 yrs ago during an episode of Project Runway. (SB: Visit mylifetime.com to vote for your fave past PR contestant that may get a chance to compete again) Then I heard it again in my Visual Merchandising course. It was always intriguing, but I never thought everyone would pull it off. And I really don't want to end up looking like a bad episode of Rupauls Drag Race. Hear are MY tips for pulling off color blocking.

Definition:


According to Overstock.com, "color blocking is a technique where blocks of various fabrics are sewn together to create clothing with a few different solid colors."


Examples:







I am not a pro in fashion. But I do know that color overload can often look frumpy and very Hobo chic. Stick a color sequence. And remember that there are 365 days in a year. Meaning you will always be able to mix and match colors. No need in wearing everything in one day. You may end up looking like. This:

No Bueno!
Thanks for reading :)
Stay blessed.
Pynkstarr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge