Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

What is Co-Washing and the Big Chop??

Hello Chicas
So today I decided to do my first co-wash, after googling it of course. I decided to try it every other week so that way I don't strip my hair completely of it's natural oils from shampooing every week.
So what is Co-Washing?
Co-washing is when you use a conditioner to wash your hair instead of shampoo. Like I said, I want to keep some natural oils in my hair but shampooing, conditioning, and deep conditioning every week was stripping my hair bare.
How I Co-washing?
Today all I did was run my hair under water until it was completely wet then parted it and applied my Nexxus Humectress conditioner. Now some people prefer organic products. To me this works great on my hair so why mess up a good thing. Then, I let the conditioner sit for about 5 mins before washing it out. I applied my Infusium 23 leave-in treatment with a spray bottle then applied my Dudley's Creme Press to my scalp. Twisted my hair up with Lustrasilk Right On! Sealing my ends with Dax Bees wax
How did my Co-washing regi come out?
This was my first experience as a co-washer. But so far I don't feel it has dried out my hair. I'll see in a few days. I have to go some where tomorrow and will have to wear a wig. I want to give my hair a rest from combing and brush and constant touching. So the twisting will have to do for now until I am completely natural.

**Only bad issue I am having is the nape being completely natural and me having to constantly moisturize it**

Big Chop??
I have decided to not chop of my relaxed ends yet. Only because it's majority of my hair. Meaning if I cut it then I'll have a little afro. I couldn't take having an afro but maybe when my hair grows out a little longer i'll chop but for now it needs to grow out a little more. One thing at a time. lol
Some photos coming soon! :)
~Pynkstarr~
Forever Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Protected by Copyscape Online Copyright Checker
Brighter Planet's 350 Challenge